Friday, September 18, 2009

Ooompa Lumpur

Hello,
I just arrived at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Things are going very well, Blair, Cei and I spent the first two days visiting the towers. The Petronas towers are free to go up to the sky bridge, and it is a magnificent wonder. The towers were built in 1998 and we got an informative seminar on how the towers were built. Impressive indeed! We loved it! The KL tower wants 10$ to go up so we just viewed from the outside. Apparently you can get a really nice view from the top, we would have done it but 10$ was too steep for us. Unfortunately, Malaysia is just a stop-over for me and I won't be spending enough time here as I would like. On my next trip I would want to go up to Penang and Melaka and the surrounding areas. Things are really cheap here, we have been eating on the street for 1-2$ maximum, you could really spend a lot more, but Indian food is just magnificent here. I feel like I'm in India, there is a nice mix of people here, and I quite enjoy the atmosphere here.

We spent today resting and we attended a Mosque for a bit before we headed home. The Mosque visit was quite nice, we had a nice tour guide (Abdul) who showed us around and explained some parts of the Islamic religion to us.

Not much else to report, it is raining hard again, and I plan on catching up on some sleep tonight. Tomorrow, I will be getting a haircut at a less-dodgy location and hopefully organizing parts of my Singapore arrival. I will be seeing my good friend Bobby there and a few other people so life should be good there. I would like to write more but internet is expensive and the keyboard is quite rank. Happy Happy Days!! Cheers!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that computer access is so pricey for you. I'm glad that you're having fun in Kuala Lumpur

    ReplyDelete