Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gilli Trawanagan

Hello,
I have reached the wonderful island of Gilli Trawangan. Can't post a lot as being I'm on a 800 person island consisting of huts and bungalows. Anyways, we just got here 2 days ago after a hellish journey from Bali, which some hostile 17 year old Indonesian kids from the town of Bangsal (where we waited for our boat) threatened to beat us up and not let us on the boat. The issue was over a bottle of mosquito pray and some mosquito coils, which Blair and I were looking for to prevent dengue fever on the island. Eventually the situation got pretty bad so we ended up buying it at a reduced price to prevent an all-out brawl. Have to watch out when your haggling here, things can get pretty dodgy with the wrong crowd. Anyways its wonderful here, I'm on a tortoise shaped island with turquoise colored water that is bathtub warm. I'll post more eventually when I have more time, I have to return to my bungalow now for a afternoon nap.

Johnny

3 comments:

  1. Out of control: those kids trying to be pirates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were motioning at a cup and smashing my head on it, needless to say I have no interest in confronting local gangsters on this trip. The situation was mitigated with a 10$ purchase, not the best and not the worst of situations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it was nothing compared to our struggle against the Lis that lasted a full 21 days and us a month's rent lost for them. The photos were magnificent.

    ReplyDelete